Sunday 20 May 2012

Magnum Professional Practice

Hello! Little update to let folks know what I've been up to.

Last weekend I was fortunate enough to attend a Magnum Professional Practice event in London, thanks to a bursary from the lovely folk at IdeasTap (seriously, I love them). It was an amazing couple of days, where I got to meet some interesting people and got to hear from the pros about different aspects the photo industry, including advertising, NGOs, galleries and more. Lots of information to take in! All that intensive talk about photography from the speakers and also with other photographers at the event was so motivating, and made me really want to get stuck into a new project.

The final speaker was Magnum photographer Olivia Arthur, who is genuinely inspiring! I love her photography and the way she works. Publishing her own work, making affordable little newsprint publications with other photographers (that remind me of zines and that DIY feel), and breaking ridiculous clichés like "Photographers Can't Write".

Feeling re-energised, ready to do more!

No comments:

Post a Comment